The newly elected President of the Republic of Cyprus, Nikos Christodoulidis, takes office today.
Christodoulidis is expected to go to the Parliament, where he will have a meeting with Annita Demetriou, Speaker of the House of Representatives. Afterwards, the outgoing President Nicos Anastasiades will go to the Parliament, who will also meet Christodoulidis.
Both will then proceed to the Plenary Hall for the ceremony at 11.30 am.
After the ceremony, the new President will address the Plenary and then receive the congratulations of the members of the Parliament in the office of the Speaker of the House.
A related announcement states that upon completion of the ceremony, the outgoing president will return to the Presidential Palace, where the presidential couple will welcome the new President Nikos Christodoulidis and the First Lady, Philippa Karsera.
After the meeting they will have at the Office of the President of the Republic, President Christodoulidis will see off President Anastasiades, who will leave the Presidential Palace.
The composition of the Council of Ministers was announced by Christodoulidis.
- Foreign Minister: Konstantinos Kombos
- Minister of Finance: Makis Keravnos
- Minister of the Interior: Constantinos Ioannou
- Defence Minister: Michalis Giorgallas
- Minister of Education, Sports and Youth: Athena Michailidou
- Minister of Transport, Communications and Works: Alexis Vafiadis
- Minister of Energy, Trade and Industry: George Papanastasiou
- Minister for Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment: Petros Xenophontos
- Minister of Labor and Social Insurance: Giannis Panagiotou
- Minister of Justice and Public Order: Anna Prokopiou
- Minister of Health: Popi Kanaris
- Deputy Minister to the President – Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the implementation of the Government Project: Irini Piki
- Deputy Minister of Shipping besides the President: Marina Hatzimanoli
- Deputy Minister of Tourism despite the President: Costas Koumis
- Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy under the President: Philip Hadzizacharia
- Deputy Minister of Social Welfare in addition to the President: Marilena Evangelou
- Deputy Minister of Culture despite the President: Michalis Hatzigiannis
- Government representative: Konstantinos Letympiotis
- Director of the Office of the President of the Republic: Charalambos Charalambous
- Deputy Government Representative: Glory to Komodoromou
- Director of the Press Office of the President of the Republic: Victor Papadopoulos
- Director of the Diplomatic Office of the President of the Republic: Marilena Rauna
- Secretary of the Council of Ministers: Penelope Papavasiliou
- Commissioners appointed by the President of the Republic (without legislation):
- Gender Equality Commissioner: Jozi Christodoulou
- Environment Commissioner: Maria Panagiotou
READ MORE: The conductor at King Charles's coronation is Greek - Byzantine music for the ceremony.