Thessaloniki: Young child hospitalised for swallowing toy

thessaloniki

A four-year-old boy and his parents went to the Emergency Department of the Pediatric Clinic of the Hippocrates hospital in Thessaloniki in the early hours of Tuesday as he had swallowed a small toy.

According to Voria, after the x-rays it was found that the child had swallowed a metal dog from a board game.

See the photos:

00

0 9

After all the necessary tests were done, as well as after a pediatric ENT assessment, he underwent an esophagoscopy under general anesthesia to remove it from the esophagus.

The doctors are satisfied with the successful, demanding operation and the immediate removal of the object. The child is in good health and is being treated at the Pediatric Clinic.

READ MORE: Greece's opposition vows to legalize same-sex marriage.

Advertisment

Copyright Greekcitytimes 2024