To make Authentic Greek Hummus is extremely easy, and you will need:
- Tahini - 1/3 cup
- Canned chickpeas - 1 can
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the dip; serve it with an extra generous drizzle of oil on top!
- Ground Cumin - ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Garlic cloves - 3
- Five tablespoons water, or as needed to blend
- Salt - ½ teaspoon, or to taste
- Ground Pepper - ½ teaspoon, or to taste
- Lemon - 2 tables spoons
AUTHENTIC HUMMUS RECIPE
If you can use a blender, you can make your own Hummus. Seriously, it’s that easy! Don’t believe me? This recipe comes together in two simple steps.
Pulse the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin and garlic in a food processor or blender for 1 minute.
Thin with water, add it slowly to the blender & season with Salt/Pepper to taste.
See? So easy! And once you’ve made this recipe, the possibilities are endless! I love keeping a batch of homemade Hummus in the fridge for my kids to snack on throughout the week.
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS IN THE BLENDER
Making hummus in the blender is easy, just like you saw in the video! I like to place all liquids at the bottom and then the more solid ingredients at the top to help the blender make a smooth hummus dip.
READ MORE: Cretan sofegada with rice.