This string beans with baby potatoes in a fresh tomato sauce recipe is a very popular Greek vegan dish (fasolakia ladera) that is also a one pot wonder!
The key ingredient to this delicious plate is the good Greek olive oil, which is at the heart of all good Greek cooking.
– 1 x kg string beans, washed & ends trimmed
– 8 x baby potatoes, peeled & halved
– 5 x ripe Roma tomatoes, blended into a sauce
– 1 x Spanish onion, finely chopped
– 1 x clove garlic, finely chopped
– salt & pepper to taste
– 1/3 x cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 x cups water
– Add oil to large saucepan and add string beans. Saute for two minutes.
– Add fresh tomato sauce, onion and garlic and saute for another few minutes.
– Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper and stir.
– Lower heat to medium and allow to cook with lid on, for 50 minutes or until beans are tender and water has reduced. Stir frequently.
*Recipe and image from flavoursandflair.com (Copyright)