Categories: WORLD News

BREAKING: Police in Belgium have shot dead a suspected Tunisian gunman accused of killing two Swedish soccer fans in Brussels

Published by
Bill Giannopoulos

A man suspected of killing two Swedish nationals in Brussels as shot dead by police this morning, 12 hours after a manhunt was launched.

Brussels is on its highest terror alert, meaning that a ‘threat is extremely serious’.

Officers finally apprehended the man in a café in the Schaerbeek neighbourhood earlier this morning.

He was rushed to hospital in an ambulance where he was in intensive care for at least an hour before it was confirmed that he died.

Prosecuting source Eric Van Duyse said: ‘Police opened fire after the suspect was spotted inside at around 8am on Tuesday.’

Meanwhile, Belgium’s interior minister Annelies Verlinden told VRT radio that ‘we have the good news that we found the individual’.

Ads1
Ads1

Greek City Times 2025
Bill Giannopoulos

Recent Posts

WALL STREET WIPED OUT: $5 TRILLION VANISHES IN JUST 2 DAYS

Wall Street suffered a historic $5 trillion loss in just two days, with the Dow…

3 minutes ago

Iran Suspected of Jamming GPS in Strait of Hormuz, UKMTO Reports

On April 4, 2025, the U.K. Office of Maritime Trade Operations reported that vessels in…

15 minutes ago

Trump Tariffs Strike at the Heart of Greek Exports to the US

The new Trump tariffs threaten Greek exports to the U.S., putting over €440 million worth…

24 minutes ago

Athens Stock Exchange Plummets 8% in a Week Amid Global Trade Tensions

The Athens Stock Exchange plunged nearly 8% this week, with a sharp 4.8% drop on…

4 hours ago

Turkey Aims to Avoid Clash with Israel in Syria, Expects Trump to Resolve S-400 Sanctions, Fidan Says

Turkish Foreign Minister Fidan expresses Turkey's desire to avoid confrontation with Israel in Syria and…

7 hours ago

Maria Callas Statue Unveiled at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris

A bronze statue of legendary soprano Maria Callas, created by Greek sculptor Nikos Floros, was…

8 hours ago