The ship, which is registered in the Marshall Islands and is owned by a Greek firm, was unharmed during the drone strike, according to the company.
The attack on Nisos Kia, which was apparently targeted, is the first officially acknowledged military action since the country’s warring groups’ peace broke earlier this month. It also makes reference once more to the potential risk to merchant ships visiting or transiting Yemen.
The attack took place in Shihr, Yemen, near the city of Mukalla, about 585 km east of the capital Sanaa, which has been held by rebels in territory controlled by pro-government forces for years.
Athens-based Okeanis Eco Tankers Corp., owner of Nissos Kea, said there were “two drone-driven explosions in close proximity” as it attempted to load in port. The Ash Shihr port has a crude oil pipeline with a capacity of 300,000 barrels per day.
The two explosions did not affect the ship. The company said all crew members are safe and unharmed. “There was no damage to the ship and no pollution.”
JP Morgan has raised its U.S. recession probability from 40% to 60%, now fully anticipating…
European Parliament President Roberta Metsola reaffirmed the EU’s commitment to supporting Cyprus’ reunification during a…
A young Scottish couple was rescued from Prombona Stream between Chalkidona and Nea Filadelfeia after…
An Afghan national has been ordered into pre-trial detention as a suspected smuggler following the…
Wall Street suffered a historic $5 trillion loss in just two days, with the Dow…
On April 4, 2025, the U.K. Office of Maritime Trade Operations reported that vessels in…