As COVID-19 restrictions continue to ease, cafes, bars and restaurants will open again on May 25th under new rules announced by Deputy Development and Investment Minister Nikos Papathanassis on Sunday.
The rules cafes, bars and restaurants are:
- The current ratio is one customer per 2 square metres total useful allowable operating area.
- The outdoor surface is the area of the surface outside the physical store while the inner semi-outdoor surface is the surface inside the store where table seats can be developed.
- Minimum distance between the tables according to the arrangement of the seats is set from 0.70 cm to 170 cm.
- Maximum number of people allowed to sit at a table is six (6). There is no limit in the case of a family with minor children.
- Depending on the job of the staff, there is an obligation to wear a mask, while it is also strongly recommended for diners.
The government decided to open restaurants and cafes one week earlier than originally scheduled, following the green light given by the health experts and based on the epidemiological data.