Lesvos Food Festival to take place next month

childrens cooking molyvos

childrens cooking molyvos

Aromas and flavours will come to life on the Greek island of Lesvos, as locals celebrate and promote their regional cuisine from July 2-7, 2019. 

The 3rd Lesvos Food Fest is a gastronomy festival organised by Molyvos Tourism Association in conjunction with the LESVOS THE OTHER AEGEAN® network and the Molyvos Wine and Dine Association of Restaurants and Associate Professionals. 

The festival will be taking place in six different locations around the island, showcasing the land, the landscape, the people, the atmosphere, local products, gastronomic traditions, and the food.

negroni eva2

“In Lesvos, the success of a recipe is a given. 70% of its success is attributed to the quality of the ingredients and products that the island offers and the remaining 30% is attributed to the art and love of cooking. Adding the magical landscape of the island as back-drop to cook in, we have all the ingredients for 100% success,” said Alexandros Papandreou, a famous Greek chef who has supported the Lesvos Food Fest since the beginning. 

Screen Shot 2019 06 14 at 4.03.02 pm

The festival logo, sardines, anise, and olives are the most characteristic symbols of the island’s gastronomy and express the festive mood as visitors gather around the table to share a delicious meal together. 

alexandros papandreou agia paraskevi

The president of Molyvos Tourism Association, Nikolaos Molvalis says that “as a family table reflects in a unique way our family culture, the gastronomy of Lesvos reflects the great banquet and culture of the Lesvian cuisine. Lesvos Food Fest attempts to bring to light this small, but at the same time significant, everyday culture that is made up of the dialogue of ingredients, utensils, recipes, culinary techniques, aesthetics, and etiquette, which takes place between the Mediterranean coastline and Lesvos. A ‘dialogue’ that has united the unique wealth of local cuisine from the years of Aristotle's studies upon Lesvos to the present day."

You don’t want to miss this amazing gastronomic experience. For more information, visit lesvosfoodfest