After the coronavirus shutdown the NBA season (along with everything else), basketball is set to return on July 30.
Until then, the Milwaukee Bucks have released a video of Giannis Antetokounmpo that portrays the important milestones in his career- from the first point he scored against the New York Knicks in his first season in the NBA as a rookie, up to his 10,000 point.
For the record, ‘The Greek Freak’ has so far scored 10,435 points in his NBA career (about 20 points on average).
This season, until basketball was stopped due to the pandemic, he had 29.6 points, 13.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists.
— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) June 29, 2020
The Milwaukee Bucks selected Giannis Antetokounmpo with the 15th pick on June 27, 2013, bringing a project-able young talent from Greece over to the United States.
He was drafted as an unknown at 18, but is now one of the best players in the universe.
Interesting facts about Giannis:
- He officially gained Greek citizenship on May 9, 2013
- He represented Greece for the first time in July 2013 with the Greek under 20 national team at the 2013 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship
- His combination of size, speed and ball-handling skills led to his nickname the “Greek Freak”
- He was the first Greek to win MVP
- In 2016–17 he led the Bucks in all five major statistical categories and became the first player in NBA history to finish a regular season in the top 20 in all five statistics of total points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks
- He’s a three-time All-Star
- He’s leading a team with the best record in the NBA
- He is an avid fan of the Greek club Olympiakos
Giannis Antetokounmpo always sets the bar high and now he is dreaming of visiting Mykonos with the NBA trophy.