Christmas is beating in Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki.
The lighting of the 13-meter tall Christmas tree this year took place without music, sparkles, sounds of the Symphony and the usual crowds.
The impressive tree features thousands of lights and will be displayed in the city’s main centre throughout the entire festive season.
It ignites joy and empowers residents to feel hope during Greece’s second lockdown.
All individuals residing in Greece will be required to send an SMS text message to 13033 in order to obtain permission to leave their homes during the lockdown.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.
Last week, in the presence of frontline workers, a large Christmas tree was illuminated in front of the AHEPA University General Hospital in Thessaloniki.
*All Images Credit: INTIME NEWS