The regional unit of Arcadia in the central Peloponnese, will enter a hard covid-19 lockdown as of Thursday.
The General Secretariat for Civil Protection made the announcement on Wednesday following a spike in coronavirus infections.
Hard lockdown measures:
- All schools will remain closed (e-learning will recommence)
- All non-essential stores will close
- Movement is only allowed for work purposes
- Religious services are suspended
- Night curfew from 6pm-5am
In addition, the municipality of Nafplio in Argolida is entering the “high risk” level – which is one short of a hard lockdown.
The measures will remain in effect until Monday, March 1.
Details on the measures in effect can be found at covid19.gov.gr.