Greek-born Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has been transferred to another hospital to continue treatment for an infection and undergo testing for a heart condition.
As reported on GCT, he was admitted to the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in central London on February 16 after feeling unwell.
The illness was not related to the coronavirus and royal officials called it a precautionary measure.
Buckingham Palace later confirmed he was being moved to St Bartholomew’s hospital, one of the country’s leading specialist cardiac centres.
“The Duke of Edinburgh was today transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition,” a statement from Buckingham Palace said.
“The duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.”
Last week, his grandson Prince William told reporters that Prince Philip is “OK”.
The prince, who turns 100 in June, retired from public life in August 2017 but occasionally makes appearances at royal engagements.