The Telegraph has recently compiled a list of the dreamiest new hotel openings in Greece.
This list is perfect for travellers who are lucky enough to visit the beautiful homeland from May 14.
The hottest hotel openings in Greece in 2021
- Aristide, Syros: Housed in a restored mansion in the historical centre of Hermoupolis, the Aristide combines old-world elegance and contemporary design. The building, with its dramatic marble staircase and Doric columns, is an architectural gem showcasing Greek Neoclassical and Art Deco styles. It was restored by the owners as though their home, and so, from common areas to private bathrooms, guests can enjoy the spaciousness of a grand mansion together with celebrated interior design pieces and a private art collection.
- Kalesma, Mykonos: The whitewashed, thoughtfully designed collection of houses have been created to resemble a charming, exclusive Mykonian village that tumbles down a slope to Ornos Bay. Kalesma’s outstanding location provides 360 vistas, providing guests with the unique opportunity to enjoy both sunrise and the legendary sunsets from the same spot.
- Moon and Stars, Athens: In one of Athens most beautiful art deco buildings, Husband and wife Theodore Vasileiadis and Vaso Adamou designed and run Moon and Stars. The great location in the heart of Athens offers endless possibilities for visitors to explore the many great restaurants, exciting bars, shopping gems and hidden corners of this capital.
- Cretan Malia Park, Crete: A holistic approach to wellbeing, a focus on slow-paced living, and a lush outside world blending harmoniously within, all define this new take on Cretan luxury. This is more than a place to rest your head, it’s a chance to commune with nature free from distraction and a space to meet like-minded travellers as hungry for off-the-beaten path new experiences as they are about sharing them.
- White Pebble Suites, Milos: A boutique hotel and spa on Milos, a Greek island of mythical landscapes and wondrous beaches. With a privileged location on the water’s edge, the suites are designed for barefoot island life, with fluid interiors immersed in their surroundings.
- The Modernist, Athens: The Modernist Athens settled into the former Canadian Embassy on a quiet street that overlooks a leafy residential square in Kolonaki. It’s the perfect port of call for constant travellers who know how to live in the moment and are at home wherever they set down their bag. Flying light and often solo, expecting seamless comforts, a bit of local buzz, and highly professional yet completely unpretentious service, they’ll find nothing less than everything they need at the Modernist Athens.
- Skinopi Lodge, Milos: Skinopi Lodge is a hideaway in the heart of the world’s most beautiful group of islands – the Cyclades. Surrounded by amazing landscape and history, it offers both a peaceful retreat in nature and a sense of discovery with unique opportunities for exploration.
- OKU, Kos: A relaxing beach hideaway inspired by the Greek way of life, offering spacious guest rooms, suites and a handful of private 2-bedroom villas for the ultimate in secluded luxury. The cubic buildings are contemporary and minimalist, derived from centuries-old Greek architectural style. Large terraces extend into private outdoor space. Indoor and outdoor restaurants, open kitchens, a centred bar, with terraces on the poolside or overlooking the beach and sunset.
- Santorini Sky, Santorini: Every villa is designed to maximise the incredible views and bathe in beautiful Mediterranean sunshine from morning to night. Whether relaxing on your spacious terrace or enjoying the view through the panoramic windows, every inch of space takes advantage of those incredible Aegean skies from the very highest point on the island. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a travel experience like nothing else.
- Marbella Elix, Parga: A place that caters to everyone’s idea of a true holiday – one designed to challenge and pamper in equal measures. And one that offers the opportunity to turn off the tech and enjoy a real escape with a huge amount of activities for all ages and abilities – whether you want to kick back or take up a new challenge. The choice is all yours; relax on the beautiful beaches, plunge into the cooling waters, take off in kayaks or on bikes, trek in breathtaking scenery and work out in the gym. Or simply spoil yourself in the spa, soak up the sun poolside or take in the sunset from the serenity of your private balcony.
- Numo, Crete: An adult-friendly seaside resort that aims to showcase Ierapetra, a lesser known part of southern Crete, through a modern lens. In a sun-drenched, beachfront location surrounded by evergreen gardens, this barefoot luxury resort offers a new take on escapism with earthy design touches and serene ambience. Private swimming pools and cozy terraces complete an intimate scene where relaxation and sophisticated design become one. At the same time, the upbeat vibes coming from the beach area add a cool touch of fun to the whole holiday mix.