Athens Fire Updates: VOLUNTEER – EMERGENCY – DONATION – GENERAL
The Volunteers from The Greek Scouts of Nea Erythea are cooking for the firefighters and the community. Some villages have been burned down completely and roads closed, so please check before going.
• Their Needs: Water, Ice, Fruits, Gloves, Shovels, Garbage bags, Masks FFP2-FFP3, Bowls/pans, Fruits, Vegetables, Coffee or even pre cooked sandwiches for the volunteers, fire fighters and police. For those that can take these items, please take what you can everyday. Everything is helpful. They’re on site all day and night.
• Address: Charilaou Trikoupi 73 Kifisia
Google map link.
• There is another location that is accepting only water and gloves. You may also get associated with Scouts of Greece who have All updates are on their website.
• Anyone forced to leave their houses because of the fires can phone 1135 for a list of hotels to stay in free of charge.
• The villages of Herakleia, Pournari, Pelopio, Platanos, and Kafkania have all been evacuated due to the blaze.
• For those of you in the city, keep your doors closed and try to cut down on electricity during peak hours to prevent a blackout. The smoke inhalation is very dangerous. If you have an old air conditioner then it is better you don’t use it.
• Keep food and water out for any strays.
• If you find with a stray, bring it in, take picture and seek help to identify owners.
• If you’re going for help Always have a passport or ID with you for identification incase it’s needed.
• 100 for police.
• 199 for fire.
We at SivaOm Karma Yoga Project have also started to collect donations which will be distributed to non profits involved in animal shelter, care and rescue.
• IBAN: GR1001401660166002002009905
• Bank: Alpha Bank
• Beneficiary: SivaOm Non Profit Association
IMPORTANT: WHEN MAKING A DONATION PLEASE MENTION “KARMA YOGA DONATION”
*Please Note: this donation drive is a part of SivaOm Karma Yoga Project which has been actively engaged in philanthropic efforts in the past in both Greece and India. You can get an idea what this is about by visiting this link.
And please please do remember this:
• If you can donate money/goods/services then do donate money/services/goods. If you can’t do that, no problem, donate your time/services. If you can’t do that either, no problem, raise awareness and if you can’t do that then sit down for 5 minutes in peace and make genuine prayers from the heart.
Nothing and no one is bigger or lesser. Everything counts – donation, volunteer service, awareness raised and prayer made, everything is important and it matters…
And last but definitely not the least, let’s HONOUR, show GRATITUDE and give RESPECT to the real HEROES, the people who risk their own LIFE to save the lives of others.
– SIVA OM.