The Acropolis Museum in Athens has been ranked sixth best Museum in the world in TripAdvisor annual Travelers’ Choice awards.
The winners were determined using an algorithm that analyses millions of reviews and ratings from museums all over the world collected over a 12-month period from TripAdvisor travellers worldwide.
“The brand new building is as stunning as the treasures it houses. A clear glass walkway reveals the ruins and current excavations…” TripAdvisor states.
Topping the list of the Travelers Choice Awards for Best 25 Museums in 2018 is the fascinating Musée d’Orsay in Paris (first) and New York’s National 9/11 Memorial and Museum (second) and Metropolitan Museum of Art (third).
Designed by Swiss-born architect Bernard Tschumi in collaboration with Michalis Photiadis and Associate Architects in Athens, the Acropolis Museum is one of the city’s finest modern developments.
TripAdvisor’s top 10 museums of the world:
- Musée d’Orsay — Paris, France
- The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum — New York City, New York
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art — New York City, New York
- The British Museum — London, United Kingdom
- Prado National Museum — Madrid, Spain
- Acropolis Museum — Athens, Greece
- Louvre Museum — Paris, France
- The National WWII Museum — New Orleans, Louisiana
- National Museum of Anthropology — Mexico City, Mexico
- War Remnants Museum — Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
For the complete list of winners from the 2018 Travelers’ Choice awards for Museums, click here.