Shopping using the “click away” method (online orders and in-person pickups) resumed in Greece on Saturday.
This purchase system was paused by the government earlier this year to contain a spike in coronavirus infections.
The announcement was made by Development Minister Adonis Georgiadis and Deputy Civil Protection Minister Nikos Hardalias.
In Attica (marked “red”):
- Clothes, shoe stores and bookshops will operate using the “click away” method, which allows a limited number of customers in store after prearranged appointments.
- Hairdressers and beauty salons will operate by appointment only.
- Purchases at supermarkets, grocery stores and bakeries, will be as normal.
In areas marked as “yellow” stores operate as usual, however, with restricted number of customers inside.
The government on Friday also announced a streamlined two-tier system of epidemiological alert nationally that shares the essential obligatory health rules, such as wearing masks and sending SMS (text messages) to authorities before leaving home, and new curfew times for selected areas.
- Level A (yellow alert) areas are those being monitored for changes in infection rates
- Level B (red) are areas under high-alert due to increased numbers on infections.
Besides Attica, other red-tiered regions announced by Hardalias include:
- Lesvos region
- Eordea municipality in Kozani region
- The municipalities of Thiveon and Tanagra at Boeotia region
- Sparta municipality at Lakonia region
- Halkideon municipality and the Roma settlement in the Distion municipal area of Kimi-Aliverti municipality of Evia region
- Nea Propontida municipality at Halkidiki region
- Patras municipality of Achaia region
- Thira and Mykonos regions.
All individuals residing in Greece will be required to send an SMS text message to 13033 in order to obtain permission to leave their homes during the lockdown.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.