Sakellaropoulos Organic Farms made an unprecedented distinction for Greece by coming first and winning 14 awards at the prestigious international olive oil competition, EVO International Olive Oil Competition 2021, held in Italy.
The sixth edition of the competition took place in Palmi, Calabria from May 15 to 20, 2021.
The EVOO World Ranking (EVOOWR), based on strict international standards, has ranked the EVOIOOC competition with a very high score of 9/10, elevating it to one of the highest positions in the world for its validity, integrity and methodology.
This particular international competition is considered one of the most professional olive oil competitions in the world because it applies very strict evaluation standards.
The standards are based on the tasting methods set by the International Olive Council, exclusively with the method of blind tasting.
The tasting evaluation of olive oils at EVOIOOC 2021, as in any international competition of this level, is carried out by expert panel tasters of international prestige coming from different countries of the world.
For 2021 there was a new record of participation in the competition.
Over 700 olive oils from 30 olive producing countries such as Italy, Croatia, Greece, Spain, Brazil, Chile, Slovenia, Portugal, Tunisia, the USA, Turkey, Israel etc. with a very high level of quality.
Sakellaropoulos Organic Farms were honoured with many awards, winning first place and the best flavored olive oil.
It won 6 gold and 7 silver awards.
In particular, the 14 major awards that the organic gourmet olive oil company won are:
- ENIGMA Gourmet Evoo – 1st place BEST Flavored
- ENIGMA Gourmet Evoo – GOLD Award 2021
- ENIGMA Gourmet Evoo was named the best olive oil of the Italian competition for 2021 in its category.
- MAJESTIC Blend Evoo – Gold Award 2021
- SYLLEKTIKON Gourmet Evoo – Gold Award 2021
- OLEOASTRON Gourmet Evoo – Gold Award 2021
- ENSTAGMA Saffron & Rosemary – Gold Award 2021
- ENSTAGMA Saffron & Sage – Gold Award 2021
- MASTERPIECE Blend Evoo – Silver Award 2021
- GEMSTONE Blend Evoo – Silver Award 2021
- FYLLIKON First Harvest Organic – Silver Award 2021
- AGOURELAIO Early Harvest Organic – Silver Award 2021
- ARMONIA Monovarietal Organic – Silver Award 2021
- ARMONIKON Organic – Silver Award 2021
- ENSTAGMA Gourmet Evoo – Silver Award 2021
All these awards are a special honour for Sakellaropoulos Organic Farms, especially with the emergence of Enigma Gourmet Evoo as the winner and Best International Flavoured Evoo of Italy for 2021.
This is a continuation of the respective First place achieved by Oleoastron Gourmet Evoo at the Japan Olive Oil Prize 2021.
These 14 major international awards at the EVO International Olive Oil Competition 2021 complete the unique number of 280 international awards for Sakellaropoulos Organic Farms worldwide.
This is record number for a Greek olive producer.
READ MORE: Olive Oil: The Great Healer.