Kritharaki in homemade tomato saltsa recipe
This dish is known as Kritharaki, Manestra, and Orzo- no matter what you wish to call it- it’s definitely a delicious and simple recipe.
This one pot wonder requires only a few key ingredients and can be whipped up in 30 minutes, making it an ideal mid-week meal.
Sprinkle Feta on top or any cheese of your choice to give it some added flavour!
- 1/2 x cup olive oil
- 500 x grams Orzo
- 6 x ripe tomatoes
- 1 x large Spanish onion
- 2 x cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 x litres water
- Blend or grate tomatoes and set aside.
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato sauce and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add Orzo and pour in water. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Allow to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently so it won’t stick (add more water if required during cooking period).
*Recipe and image by flavoursandflair