Pakistani murderer remanded in custody - "Nicoletta spoke badly of the Qu'ran and asked me to become Christian"

Ahsan, murderer of Nicoletta Pakistani

The 22-year-old Pakistani, who took the life of 17-year-old Nicoletta on August 1 in the western Athens neighbourhood of Peristeri, was sentenced to pre-trial detention, as expected, after he testified to investigators.

The Pakistani was accompanied by a strong police force in court so that he could answer to the severe indictment he is facing. However, the lawyer who previously represented the defendant resigned and a new lawyer was appointed, in whose presence he testified.

After his confession, with the agreement of the 25th regular investigator of Athens and the public prosecutor, the accused was deemed a temporary prisoner.

"Nicoletta was the love of my life, I regret it, I still haven't recovered from the shock," said the Pakistani killer to the investigator.

During his testimony, he described how he met Nicoletta and tried to justify his heinous act by saying that it all happened during a fight, which he claimed had a religious theme.

As he described, on the day of the tragic event, he once again asked Nicoletta to help him with his asylum application. As he said, they were thinking of getting married in Italy.

"She asked me to become a Christian and there we had an argument, and Nicoletta spoke badly about the Qu'ran," he said.

"There I headlocked her from behind for a few seconds and I was saying 'sorry, sorry' until I saw her eyes closed and not reacting," the killer explained. "I thought she fainted and I threw water on her and turned on the fan."

"I left her like that, packed my things and left. I went to Thessaloniki to stay away from her and the next day I found out on TV what happened."

The killer even reportedly mentioned that he was ashamed to look at Nicoletta's mother in the eyes and apologised for his crime.

However, he denied that he was jealous of Nicoletta and mentioned that he had found the apartment in Peristeri and even paid half the rent half with the 17-year-old's mother.

As for the different identification details that he had declared to the Greek authorities, he claimed that it was a mistake of the policemen making his identity cards.

The identity of the young Pakistani who killed 17-year-old Nicoletta in western Athens is even more complicated, as new evidence that has come to light shows that he was traveling not with two different identities, but with four!

More disturbingly though, it was revealed he has an asylum application rejected, prompting questions why he was allowed to remain in the country.

A request for asylum – which was rejected – was filed in July 2021 by the young Pakistani accused of murdering 17-year-old Nicoletta in Peristeri.

According to the Ministry of Immigration and Asylum, he had filed an Asylum request once, last July, which was rejected within 15 days, while he then filed a late appeal.

As the Ministry of Immigration and Asylum notes in its informal briefing, in the files of the Asylum Service, the man in question appears with a unique file and is in possession of an asylum seeker identity card.

According to MEGA, the killer of the teenager was in possession of four identities with variations in both his own and his parents’ names, as well as the date of birth, making it impossible to determine his real age so far.

Specifically, in the first identity card, he was declared as Munasif Ashan, with a date of birth of 23/7/2001.

In the second ID, his details are different and he appears with the name Hasan Hasan and date of birth 1/1/1999.

On the third ID he has the name Munasif Ashan again, but with a date of birth of 1/1/2001.

On the fourth identity card the young Pakistani again has the first name Munasif Ashan and date of birth 1/1/2001, but only changes the maiden name to Shamin Akhtar.

It is recalled that the young man received a new deadline to testify on Tuesday, August 9, before the investigator for the heinous crime that occurred last week inside the apartment where he lived with his teenage girlfriend, her mother and her sister.

The lawyer of the father of the 17-year-old from Peristeri, Andreas Theodoropoulos, speaking to ERT about the Pakistani who is accused of her murder, said that “he is an illegal immigrant, whose brother himself considers him a delinquent and has testified before the authorities that he did do illegal activities, like cigarette smuggling and other illegal activities”.

“His abusive behavior against the 17-year-old is proven even before the act of intentional homicide, with evidence of violence against her. But this man had nothing to kill for, he had no inhibitions. This bipedal anthropomorphic monster had no moral inhibitions to stop him from doing evil,” he added.

“Unfortunately, the 17-year-old fell into his hands without knowing and without being able to resist. She fought for 7-8 minutes for her life but finally she couldn’t be saved,” he said of Nicoletta.

When asked if the 17-year-old’s family knew about his illegal acts, the lawyer replied that there was no substantial knowledge, but her parents advised her to break up with him because he had shown signs that he was not right in his behaviour towards the 17-year-old.

“She wanted to break up with him, she was trying, but he wouldn’t let her,” he said and estimated that he had organised the crime, as he entered the house when the parents were away, took his clothes and left with the help of his compatriots to go to Kilkis.

“All this planning shows that the crime was premeditated,” he concluded.

According to the forensic findings, Nicoletta’s death came from suffocation as the perpetrator closed her nose and mouth. The victim appears to have fought hard for her life before she died, with the suffocation taking four to five minutes.

They believe she fought hard to survive.

Judicial authorities believe that he acted methodically, coldly and organised. His actions after the act do not indicate agitation, dejection or remorse for the heinous murder of the teenage girl.

The accused, according to the Hellenic Police, on the afternoon of the murder, did not waste a single minute and immediately hurried to disappear and attempt to leave Greece as quickly as possible.

According to Proto Thema, the accused allegedly told the police officers, who arrested him at the border with North Macedonia as it seems he was trying to reach Central Europe with illegal immigrants, that he killed Nicoletta after a fight they had.

The authorities tracked down the Pakistani, who fled the country with his own mobile phone and the victim’s.

Specifically, the digital print from his own cell phone showed that he moved towards Northern Greece, while police had information that the young man was going to try to leave the country – this is why an international arrest warrant was issued.

Ahsan, murderer of Nicoletta

Having now switched off his own mobile phone when he crossed into North Macedonia, the 22-year-old opened the victim’s smartphone which did not have a sim card. However, the authorities managed to locate the signal through specific mobile applications that had access to the location of the device.

North Macedonian authorities apprehended the murderer and handed him over to their Greek counterparts.

Another detail about tragedy was revealed by the victims mother, particularly about the dozens of threatening messages the teenager received that police allegedly found on her mobile phone.

As the 17-year-old’s mother pointed out, Nicoletta was receiving threats from her Pakistani partner and revealed that a few days ago she asked to break up with him, thus giving a potential reason why he allegedly killed her.


Speaking to the Alpha news bulletin, Nicoletta’s mother stated that “They weren’t fighting. She was fine, but lately she wanted to break up. She didn’t want it any more.”

Continuing, she does not hide her anger, stressing: “He killed my child and took my soul. I only ask for justice.”

Regarding the time of the murder, she revealed: “I was at work, we were working together. I called her on the phone and she didn’t pick up. She wasn’t answering.”

“I sent the guys from the store to see why she didn’t come to work and why she wasn’t answering. We could not enter the house because Nicoletta had the keys. At noon, before I left for work, I saw her. She was sleeping.

“I left at 4 o’clock in the afternoon. After 5 o’clock everything happened.”

Dozens of threatening messages

It seems that the 17-year-old had received dozens of threatening messages on her mobile phone from her 22-year-old partner, who was initially and falsely reported as being 30-years-old. The 22-year-old is considered the main suspect.

According to a report, these threatening messages emerged from the first retrieval of the 17-year-old’s mobile phone data by the officers of the Department of Prosecution of Crimes Against Life.

What follows is the most detailed exploration of the electronic evidence by the officers of the Criminal Investigation Department.

According to the report, these messages were sent a few days before her murder and after the girl told the Pakistani that she wanted to break up and asked for the keys of her house be returned.

The 22-year-old, whose traces are still being sought by police, seems to have become particularly aggressive and sent threats, refusing to break up.

It was previously reported that for a time the Pakistani man was living with Nicoletta, her sister and her mother, and for this reason he was given a key to the apartment.

Evidence from the forensic report showed a criminal act with death by suffocation. In addition to his two hands, the Pakistani also used a cloth to suffocate her.

The Pakistani was born on July 23, 2001, he has a height of 1.68 and his first name is Ahsan, initially reported as Sani/Sunni.

Nicoletta was raped at the age of 11

The 17-year-old’s father is inconsolable, while the revelations about what happened a few years ago to the young girl and her brother are shocking.

“I sit and look at pictures and I keep crying. A month ago we were having a good time, I had her in my arms,” he first said when speaking to ANT1. “My child can’t be brought back by anyone.”

He then revealed that the 17-year-old and his older son, when they were 11 and 8 years old respectively, in Makrohori where they grew up, were victims of systematic sexual abuse by three men, an 82-year-old now deceased paedophile and two Albanians, one who was dating Nicoletta’s mother.

The two Albanians were sentenced to many years in prison, but one remains a fugitive, believed to be in Germany.

Leading to the murder

During the ten months that the unfortunate girl maintained a bond with the young man, the fights between the couple were frequent and intense. This seems to have been the reason for the 17-year-old’s decision to end her relationship with the now wanted man.

The authorities in their attempt to locate him will look for the last trace of his mobile phone in the hope of being able to establish his escape route.

According to the forensic investigation, Nicoletta’s time of death is estimated at 6:00 p.m. on Monday , with the police being informed by her relatives at approximately 11:00 p.m. that same day.

During these five hours, the young man managed to take advantage and disappear, and despite police manhunt, he has not been located.

Lament at the last goodbye

Holding white flowers in their hands, the family and friends of the 17-year-old accompanied the minor girl to her resting place on Thursday.

In Veroia, where she grew up but left for Athens for a better life following her sexual abuse, the funeral service was held for Nicoletta who was tragically killed on Monday.

The 17-year-old fought her killer – Her nose and mouth were closed

The medical examiner, Georgios Dilernia, who performed the autopsy on the body of the unfortunate girl found that she had small abrasions on the left lateral nasal surface, on the left rhombus, on the left upper perioral area.

This shows that the perpetrator must have put his hand on the victim’s face and pressed his fingers and nails on her mouth and nose in order to take her life.

The bruises found on her right hand, probably from his fingers, reveal that the girl resisted and fought her killer until the last moment of her life.

Demands for the death penalty

The father of 17-year-old Nicoletta, who was found dead in her house in the western Athens neighbourhood of Peristeri, is asking for an exemplary punishment of the murderer of his daughter, believed to be a 22-year-old Pakistani – the death penalty.

At the same time, her younger sister, who was the first to find her dead, is devastated and cannot believe that she will never see her again.

“My child is not coming back, but whoever did this to her I want the death penalty. I want his people to cry, like we are crying today,” the father of young Nicoletta told Star.

“He had keys to the house, so since no signs of break-in were found and her mother and sister were not home, I believe he did it and when he is found he will be dealt with according to the law,” the 17-year-old’s father continued.

“I had seen him once. He hadn’t left an impression on me because I had told her to stop anyway. Both from this particular person and from these type of people in general”, said Mr. Karolidis.

At the same time, he noted that recently, every time he communicated with Nicoletta by phone, she sounded happy.

“We talked a week ago. We don’t talk all the time because I live far away but she hadn’t said anything to me nor had I noticed anything. She told me that she is having a good time and is happy. Her mother, who lives with her every day, will know better what the child was hiding,” he said.

READ MORE: What is “Love Jihad” that has arrived in Greece from Pakistan?

* The article originally misquoted Ahsan as saying "Mohammed" instead of the "Qu'ran"

1 Comment
  1. Another Greek murdered for criticising Islam. Not exactly the first and certainly won’t be the last. Will your politicians take any action to stop something like this happening again? I doubt it.