Cyprus Pledges Operational Support for Trump’s Gaza Plan

Cyprus is offering “operational support” for U.S. President Donald Trump’s Gaza plan, emphasizing practical contributions over political mediation, President Nikos Christodoulides announced at a dinner with EU heads of government on Wednesday, according to Victor Papadopoulos, director of the presidential press office.

Papadopoulos stated that Christodoulides informed EU leaders and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi about Cyprus’ “six-point plan” for involvement in Gaza’s future. Building on the success of Cyprus’ Amalthea humanitarian aid corridor, the plan outlines six operational pillars, developed in collaboration with the United Arab Emirates and the United Nations Office for Project Services (Unops) through a bilateral security mechanism.

Christodoulides attended a summit on Gaza’s future in Sharm El-Sheikh earlier this month, where he expressed interest in involving Cypriot companies in Gaza’s reconstruction. He highlighted “six initiatives” aligned with Trump’s 20-point Gaza plan.

Government sources told the Cyprus Mail that the specifics of the six-point plan will become clearer as Trump’s peace deal progresses and the situation in Gaza evolves. “Our priority is for President Trump’s peace plan to be fully implemented and respected by all parties. From there, we will determine how we can contribute,” they said.

The initiatives, detailed in a letter submitted to the EU and UN during the Sharm El-Sheikh summit, focus on three key areas: security, humanitarian aid, and reconstruction. Copies of the letter were shared with summit attendees. The sources highlighted Cyprus’ strategic geographical position, leveraged successfully in the Amalthea initiative, as a key asset for supporting Gaza’s future.

“Details will depend on the needs and the implementation of the peace plan,” the sources noted. “We are ready to leverage our position and our acceptance by Israel, Palestine, and Arab states to provide assistance as needed.”

Stay updated with the latest news from Greece and around the world on greekcitytimes.com.
Contact our newsroom to share your updates, stories, photos, or videos. Follow GCT on Google News and Apple News.

Uh-oh! It looks like you're using an ad blocker.

Our website relies on ads to provide free content and sustain our operations. By turning off your ad blocker, you help support us and ensure we can continue offering valuable content without any cost to you.

We truly appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you for considering disabling your ad blocker for this website