Man Stabs Three Women at Paris Metro Stations

Three women were stabbed on Friday afternoon at stations on the Paris metro by a young man who tried to flee but was arrested a short time later a short distance from the French capital.

The attacks took place at three stations on the same metro line in central Paris, according to public transport operator RATP. Two of the victims were taken by ambulance to hospital, and their lives are not in danger. The third woman sought medical help on her own.

The alleged attacker, a 25-year-old man, was identified using surveillance camera footage. Authorities said he was already known to police for various offences, including causing property damage. He was located and arrested late in the afternoon in Val-d’Oise, northwest of Paris, judicial sources said.

The transport security service (SRT) has opened an investigation for attempted intentional homicide and intentional violence with the use of a weapon.

The motive for the attacks has not yet been clarified.

Paris police chief Patrice Faure praised the “immediate response and mobilisation of the services” that intervened quickly and arrested the suspect. Last week, Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez had called on police to remain on alert during the festive period, citing a “very high level of terrorist threat”.

 

Stay updated with the latest news from Greece and around the world on greekcitytimes.com.
Contact our newsroom to share your updates, stories, photos, or videos. Follow GCT on Google News and Apple News.

Uh-oh! It looks like you're using an ad blocker.

Our website relies on ads to provide free content and sustain our operations. By turning off your ad blocker, you help support us and ensure we can continue offering valuable content without any cost to you.

We truly appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you for considering disabling your ad blocker for this website