Greek police are investigating the deaths of two women in western Thessaloniki amid growing fears of a possible serial killer case.
Authorities discovered evidence on Tuesday afternoon, January 27, inside the basement of an apartment building in Menemeni, where a 52-year-old man allegedly linked to both deaths lived. The victims, aged 46 and 42, died at different times under circumstances that remain under investigation.
According to police sources, the main suspect—a 52-year-old drug user—confessed that the 46-year-old woman died during joint drug use. He reportedly told officers that the woman began screaming, prompting him to cover her mouth, causing her to suffocate. He then transported her body with the help of an accomplice and disposed of it in a rubbish bin.
The 46-year-old woman had been officially reported missing in October 2025, although information suggests she had been unaccounted for for nearly two years.
Regarding the second woman, aged 42, the suspect claimed her death did not result from criminal activity. He told investigators that she failed to wake up after prolonged drug use. He allegedly concealed her body temporarily on the rooftop of the apartment building.
The Homicide Department conducted an extensive investigation of the basement, collecting forensic evidence expected to clarify the causes of death in both cases. Police have so far detained two individuals and transferred them to the Thessaloniki General Police Directorate for questioning. Investigators continue to examine the precise role of each person involved.
The case has shocked the local community, with authorities remaining on high alert as they work to unravel one of the most disturbing criminal investigations in Thessaloniki in recent years.

Stay updated with the latest news from Greece and around the world on greekcitytimes.com.
Contact our newsroom to share your updates, stories, photos, or videos. Follow GCT on Google News and Apple News.
