Mizithropita- Greek baked ricotta & honey pie
Ricotta is so versatile and when baked with honey it brings out a stunning taste, that’s not very rich and sweet but definitely makes for a simple and delicious dessert!
– 1 x kg fresh ricotta, crumbled
– 300 x grams sugar
– 5 x eggs
– 3 x tablespoons rice flour
– 1 x tablespoon vanilla sugar
– 1 x teaspoon lemon juice
– 1 x cup honey, extra for drizzling
– butter for greasing
– blueberries for garnishing
– almond flakes for garnishing
– Grease baking dish with butter and line with baking paper.
– Add eggs and sugar into bowl and whisk with electric mixer for 5 minutes.
– Add crumbled ricotta, rice flour, vanilla, honey and lemon juice to bowl and mix for another minute.
– Place mixture into baking dish and cook for 45 minutes in a 200 degrees (preheated oven).
– Allow pie to cool for a few minutes then place on serving dish.
– Lightly drizzle top of pie with honey and then garnish with blueberries and flaked almonds.
– Serve warm or cold.
*Recipe and image by flavours and flair