Greece’s Prime Minister held an emergency meeting on Sunday at Maximos Mansion on the development of the spread of the coronavirus in Greece.
The meeting was attended by State Minister Giorgos Gerapetritis, Deputy Health Minister Vassilis Kontozamanis, Deputy Minister responsible for the government's coordination Akis Skertsos, Professor of the infectious diseases Sotiris Tsiodras, the General Secretary for Civil Protection Nikos Hardalias, the head of the Prime Minister's diplomatic office Eleni Sourani and the General Secretary of the Prime Minister Grigoris Dimitriadis.
At the meeting the following new measures were decided:
- The suspension of all road, sea and air links with Albania and North Macedonia, with the exception of the transportation of goods and the entry of those of Greek nationality or who are residing in Greece.
- The suspension of the sea transport to and from Italy for passengers while the transport of goods will continue.
- The ban of cruise ships and tourist boats docking at Greek ports.
- The suspension of the air link with Spain.
- Coordinated efforts with foreign embassies for the supply of masks in the following days from other countries.
- 5,000 euros fine will be imposed to those with behaviour that violates the announced measures.
- The operation of the political and MPs offices of New Democracy is suspended.
- Churches to operate only for the necessary rituals and only the necessary people (the issue will be discussed on Monday at the Holy Synod).
- A number of public hospitals wings will be offered exclusively for the treatment of people suffering from coronavirus.
- 70 more persons will be added to the staff of the emergency number 1135.