A group of 256 employees at Violanta, the well-known biscuit manufacturer in Trikala, issued a public statement on Tuesday night (17 February) expressing support for the company’s owner, who faced judicial proceedings over a tragedy that killed five female workers.
In their announcement, the employees said the past few days had been “extremely heavy” for everyone and stressed that they first stood with respect towards those affected and the victims’ families.
The workers said they felt compelled to speak about the person they knew through daily cooperation over many years. They described the owner as someone who supported them not only as an employer but as a companion during difficult and demanding moments.
They also said he invested in the business and its people with personal interest and commitment. The employees added that his office door was not simply open, but a place where they could enter without fear, speak freely, and be heard.
Many workers said they had worked at the factory for decades and claimed they knew his character and values closely, describing a relationship of trust built over years inside the company.
The employees said they did not claim the role of judging legal matters, stating that responsibility belonged exclusively to the justice system. However, they argued that the public image being presented did not match their everyday experience.
The statement concluded by saying the workforce remained united and would continue with responsibility and dignity.

READ: Greek Authorities Arrest Violanta Factory Owner Over Fire Tragedy
Stay updated with the latest news from Greece and around the world on greekcitytimes.com.
Contact our newsroom to share your updates, stories, photos, or videos. Follow GCT on Google News and Apple News.
