Kolokythakia tiganita- zucchinis sliced into rings, battered and fried are delicious as a starter, side or even a snack!
You can eat these zucchini chips on their own, otherwise drizzle with fresh lemon or dip them into some tzatziki.
– 6 x zucchini, sliced very fine
– 1.5 x cups plain flour
– salt & pepper to taste
– 1 x cup olive oil for frying
– Lightly salt zucchini slices and set aside.
– Place flour in a large plastic bag and add pepper and zucchini. Seal bag shut.
– Shake bag for a minute or so, till flour completely covers all zucchini slices.
– Add oil to frying pan and allow to heat.
– Working in small batches, place zucchini slices in hot oil and lightly fry until golden brown on each side.
– Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
– Place on serving platter and serve while hot.
*Image and recipe by flavoursandflair.com (Copyright)