Greece daily update
New cases also appear to be on the decreasing, with 2,167 infections confirmed on Thursday from 2,489 on Wednesday.
The news was also good for the public health system, as the number of Covid-19 patients on ventilators dropped below 700 for the first time in 50 days, to 683 from Wednesday’s 707, and new hospital admissions came to 293 from 318.
In terms of capacity, occupancy at hospitals’ regular Covid-19 wards stood at 42% from 44%, according to Thursday’s report, while the ICU occupancy rate has also declined to 76% from 78%.
Total confirmed cases: 371,693
Total deaths: 11,266
Intubated: 683 (-24)
Discharged from ICU: 2,238 (+12)
New hospitalizations: 293
Total tests: 4,830,483 (+17,297)
Total rapid tests: 3,877,194 (+44,918)
Latest stories from GCT
- The Dos and Don’ts of Buying Property in Greece
- Greece defeats Great Britain in basketball 93-71
- Stefanos Tsitsipas to play Nick Kyrgios next up At Wimbledon
- Bank of Greece revises its GDP growth forecast for 2022 downwards
- SYRIZA: ‘Hyper patriot’ Minister Georgiadis opened path for ‘TurkAegean’ branding to Turkey