Mizithropita- Greek baked ricotta & honey pie
Ricotta is so versatile and when baked with honey it brings out a stunning taste, that’s not very rich and sweet but definitely makes for a simple and delicious dessert!
- 1 x kg fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 300 x grams sugar
- 5 x eggs
- 3 x tablespoons rice flour
- 1 x tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 x teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 x cup honey, extra for drizzling
- butter for greasing
- blueberries for garnishing
- almond flakes for garnishing
- Grease baking dish with butter and line with baking paper.
- Add eggs and sugar into bowl and whisk with electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add crumbled ricotta, rice flour, vanilla, honey and lemon juice to bowl and mix for another minute.
- Place mixture into baking dish and cook for 45 minutes in a 200 degrees (preheated oven).
- Allow pie to cool for a few minutes then place on serving dish.
- Lightly drizzle top of pie with honey and then garnish with blueberries and flaked almonds.
- Serve warm or cold.
*Recipe and image by flavours and flair