Greeks were asked a simple question in a Viber survey - beer or ouzo? What do you prefer to… accompany your appetisers at a seaside taverna?
The battle was tough from the beginning. The result is almost a draw!
Ouzo took first place with only a few more votes, with a percentage that reached only 51% compared to 49% of beer!
Here are some recipes to accompany ouzo or beer with friends and family.
- Traditional Keftedes recipe (Keftedakia)
- Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta recipe
- Gavopsara (Eggplant Naoussa) with yogurt cream flavoured with orange
- Fried anchovies: the ultimate summer appetizer
- Cypriot Burghul Salad Recipe
- Cretan-style fried potatoes
- Famous Cretan Dakos Salad Recipe
- Homemade Gigantes Plaki Recipe
- Tiropita Recipe: If You Love Spanakopita, You Really Should Try This
READ MORE: Briam or Gemista: What do Greeks prefer?