Tiktok, a platform that seriously picked up its momentum during lockdown, is the source for all things trending these days. With instructional videos on everything from how to make whipped coffee to pancake cereal and baked feta, this mobile application has provided us with nothing less than major cravings.
The best part is that the recipes on TikTok are always relatively easy to follow and delicious. Whether you are a master chef in the kitchen or someone who didn’t even know you had to boil the water before putting the pasta in, this is one for you.
The latest trend on Tiktok, that is taking the world by storm, is Pasta Chips!
For those who don’t spend hours on end scrolling through Tiktok videos, making Pasta Chips involves boiling the pasta, adding olive oil, seasoning and placing it in the air fryer or the oven to create crunchy bite sized snacks.
The trend has become so popular that the #pastachips has more than 366.6M views and the original video, which was only posted a week ago, has over 21.8M views.
People from all over the world have been recreating their own versions of this recipe with different variations such as different dips and spices to create alternative flavours of their choice.
So here we present to you our pasta chips with tzakiki recipe.
Pasta Chips with Tzatziki Recipe
Ingredients for Pasta Chips:
- Pasta: This can be any type of pasta. Bowtie and penne are the most popular as they are easy to hold and perfect with dips.
- Olive oil
- Spices: You can use any spices you like, most opt for garlic powder, oregano and paprika.
- Parmesan cheese: this is optional but adds great flavour.
Ingredients for Tzatziki Dip:
- 1 medium cucumber.
- 1 ½ cup Greek yoghurt.
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill/mint.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced.
- Boil the pasta until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and place it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and mix in the spices.
- Air Fyer: Cook in a preheated air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 180°C/350°F, shaking half way until they are golden brown until they form a crisp chip.
- Oven: Cook in a preheated Oven for 17-20 minutes at 200°C/400°F
- Cool and enjoy with fresh tzatziki.
For the tzatziki:
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze over the sink to remove excess water. Transfer it into a bowl.
- Add in the yogurt, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Stir combining all of the ingredients together.
- Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes to allow full flavour to form.
This recipe can also be made using gluten free pasta for all to enjoy. This is a fun snack or even an appetiser to impress guests at your next gathering.
Watch GCT's Zoe Searras' own Pasta Chip TikTok video here to see how easy it really is: