Greek-style Roasted Potatoes.
Let’s be clear about one thing up front- They’re utterly addictive!
They can be served on their own or can accompany lamb roast, chicken, meatballs, souvlakia or a juicy burger, and the list goes on.
- 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Method to make Greek-style Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Place potatoes in 1 layer in a large baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Pour this mixture over the potatoes and add about 1/2 cup of water at the side of the dish and tilt dish from side to side to spread evenly.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour or until lightly golden.
- When ready, remove dish from oven.
- Allow the potatoes to slightly cool.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and enjoy!
Check out our other recipes here:
- Kalitsounia- Cretan Cheese Pies Recipe
- Dolmades- Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
- Amigthalota- Greek Almond Biscuits Recipe
- Rizogalo- Rice Pudding Recipe
- Melitzanes Papoutsakia- Greek stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- Horta Vrasta- Greek Boiled Leafy Greens Recipe
- Mussels Saganaki Recipe
- Greek-inspired lamb burgers Recipe
- Sokolatopita- Greek Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Loukoumades: Greek Honey Puffs Recipe