Who said that salad has to be boring?! Beetroot, feta and walnuts are a winning combination.
The 3 main ingredients of this salad have many health benefits:
- Beetroot: Great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C.
- Feta: Includes significant protein; calcium; B-complex vitamins riboflavin, vitamin B6, B12, and pantothenic acid; vitamin A; iron; phosphorus; zinc; and many trace minerals (selenium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese).
- Walnuts: Contain healthful fats, protein, copper, manganese, and other essential nutrients.
What’s even better is that preparation and cooking time is only 15 minutes.
This goes perfect with barbecued lamb or seafood!
- 3 medium beets
- bunch of beetroot leaves
- 2/3 cups of walnut pieces, toasted
- 100g of feta, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- ground pepper
Method to make beetroot, feta and walnuts salad
- Peel the beetroot, slice and cut into cubes. Pile the beetroot on a serving platter.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and some black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the beetroot, add the baby beetroot leaves, then sprinkle with the walnuts and feta.
- Toss the salad just before serving to combine the colours and flavours.
Check out our other recipes here:
- Kalitsounia- Cretan Cheese Pies Recipe
- Dolmades- Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
- Amigthalota- Greek Almond Biscuits Recipe
- Rizogalo- Rice Pudding Recipe
- Melitzanes Papoutsakia- Greek stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- Horta Vrasta- Greek Boiled Leafy Greens Recipe
- Mussels Saganaki Recipe
- Greek-inspired lamb burgers Recipe
- Sokolatopita- Greek Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Loukoumades: Greek Honey Puffs Recipe