Spring is in the air in Greece and the warmer weather means lots more seafood gets cooked in the kitchen!
This light, delicious and simple pasta dish with tiger prawns, mini truss tomatoes and basil is fantastic all year round and also lent friendly!
Here we used sweet berry truss tomatoes but if you can’t find them, any mini Roma tomatoes will do!
– 1 x kg tiger prawns, peeled & deveined
– 250 x grams sweet berry truss tomatoes
– 1 x white onion, chopped
– 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 x lemon, zest and juice
– 500 x grams pasta
– salt and pepper to taste
– olive oil for cooking
– 1 x cup white wine
– 8 x basil leaves
– Place pasta in boiled water and cook to preference.
– Add garlic and onion into a heated fry pan with olive oil and sauté for a few minutes. Then add prawns and sauté for a couple more minutes on medium heat, or till they get colour.
– Remove prawns from pan and add tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
– Add wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Then add prawns back in with basil. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
– Drain pasta and add prawns, tomatoes and all juices from pan to pasta and place on serving dish. Add extra tomatoes and basil to garnish (optional).
*Recipe & image by flavoursandflair.com (Copyright)